Saturday, November 3, 2012

Are you the Director of your life or merely a co-star?


I've been thinking over the past few days what direction I wanted to take this blog in.  It will of course feature hair, makeup, clothes and things like that.  But I want it to be a little more.  Like I mentioned in my YouTube video - I'm a private person so putting all my business on social networks is not going to happen.  But if I have a thought or experience that I think someone may benefit from, I don't mind sharing.  

My first thought for this entry was going to be on the importance of friends, but last night I got to thinking about my life and the direction it's been going over this year.  For the most part I direct my own life, don't get it twisted - God is my overall director, but I'm talking about what I do in my life on this earth.  I have to admit over the past few months I have been relying on someone else's decisions/direction to make something for me work and sitting back taking direction (co-starring) in my own life.

Since it has not been going the way I wanted it to go I see myself giving up and being down about it - and guess what???  That ain't me, and in the long run the only person being affected by this is me!  NOT COOL!!  It's important to set goals and allow help from others, but don't allow them to be the director of your life.    Because while you're waiting on them - they are doing their thing and guess what?  You're waiting and not living.

So step up and be the Tyler Perry of your own life!  (saying this to myself as well)

Take care

1 comment:

  1. I know that you do not get the opportunity to post often, but I appreciate you words of wisdom. I am passing along the Liebster Award to you as I enjoy reading your blog....

    You can visit my blog for more details http://iamcurlylocks.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete